Tuesday, June 16, 2015

My Love for Panne


For those of you who don't know...
I am a really, really big fan of Fire Emblem: Awakening. 


Or, just Fire Emblem in general. 

But, today I am going to be talking about one specific character who has really stolen my heart from this game.
Warning: Some personal shit and excessive fangirling will commence. 

Allow me to introduce you to:


Panne. 

Panne is a taguel and is the last of her race. She was introduced in the most recent release of Fire Emblem, Fire Emblem: Awakening of FE13.
She is first seen in Chapter 6: Foreseer in a pretty badass way!



Panne is introduced by sneaking into the Ylisse castle while it is under attack by Validar in attempt to Murder Emmeryn. Panne sneaks in pretending to be a rogue assassin in effort to protect Emmeryn, as she had done a favor for her in the past (Which sadly is never revealed).

Originally, Chrom sees Panne as a threat and almost attempts to attack her, but Marth pleads with Chrom that Panne was supposed to be there that night, and that she is on their side and a valiant warrior. So, Panne is now officially controllable by the player! After the battle is over and your team has won, Panne reveals that she has no interest in coinciding with the Shepards, for the humans are who killed off her entire Warren (her family; clan). And, that she will never trust the "Man-Spawn" as she calls them. 





Before Panne leaves, Emmeryn offers her a sincere apology for the genocide of her people. This leaves Panne confused because Emmeryn personally had nothing to do with it. Panne is touched by her words though, and ultimately decides to stay, and join Chrom's army. 



If you didn't know originally what a Taguel is, allow me to show you... 



Transformation from sexy woman to... giant, fluffy rabbit... beast thing? #10outof10wouldreccomend. So yeah, as I said before, Panne is a Taguel! A taguel is a humanoid who has the ability to shape-shift into a beast form using a beaststone. Panne is one of two characters in the game that is a Taguel, unless you marry her, then there would be three. 
FE13 Taguel Transformed (Yarne)    FE13 Taguel Transformed (Panne)

I love Taguels to be honest, they are absolutely awesome melee fighters, you could say that they're... pretty beast. AHA I SLAY ME....I need more friends. 
But, as I was saying. Panne and her son, Yarne are some of my best fighters. And, I ended up taking them both into the final battle where they both not only survived the whole thing, but when they fought together, wrecked freaking havoc upon anyone who dared challenge them. 

Not to mention, that they both are just absolutely amazing characters in general. And, they really do contrast each other, but you can tell that their bond is strong anyway. 


I just love the both of them, a lot. 
When I first played Fire Emblem: Awakening, I of course made a female MC, and married Chrom, solely because he is voiced by Matthew Mercer, who is one of my favorite voice actors. (For those of you who don't know, I am also a voice actor).
But, when I met Panne in the game, at first I just thought she was badass and all, you know?
But then, I really grew to love her character and I bonded with her a lot. 
Forgive me, I know she is just a video game character. But, I could really empathize with her. Growing up alone, being different, all whilst having a strong sense of pride and keeping a straight face through it all. Also, calling those who have not earned our respect "Man-spawn" and eating like we are going to die tomorrow. 
Panne is my spirit animal, along with Fred and George Weasley.



She is also learning more about those around her everyday, and is finally letting the walls around her fall down. I believe the Shepards really are her new warren, and that she would do anything to protect them. 

Gods, I am such a sap. But, can you blame me?

My second playthrough of Fire Emblem, I played as a guy character so I would be able to marry Panne. And, gods I just love her so much :) 

I think I have already made this post bad enough, so I might just end it here xD 

Poll Question of the Day: Who did you marry in FE:A?

Answer of the Day: Chrom first, then Panne, then Stahl, then Panne again xD 

Thanks so much for reading, guys! And, don't forget to comment things you'd like to see me review and to follow this blog! 

Queen Geek, Out.
~Skia


Taguel Cuddles...

1 comment:

  1. PAnne and the Taguel aren't terrible, but Lethe and the Laguz from Path of Radiance are far more developed.

    The Taguel don't even have any history given anywhere, Archanea is only known to have dragons and humans.

    Thats my personal view.

    ReplyDelete